Enterprise Desktop Support Service Offering Definition (SOD) (Updated: January 18, 2018)
Enterprise Desktop Support Roles and Responsibilities (RnR) (Updated: January 18, 2018)
Enterprise Desktop Support Service Information Sheet
ActiveSync for Personally Owned Smartphone Devices Service Offering Definition (SOD)
ActiveSync for Personally Owned Smartphone Devices Roles and Responsibilities (RnR)
Desktop staff will image and install the devices upon delivery and conduct a brief orientation session to verify that:
- The devices are operating properly;
- The user is able to log in with their domain account; and,
- The user has email access via the standard email client.
Operating system security patches and updates will be installed by DET staff as they are released (generally on a monthly basis). Installation will normally occur on Thursday evenings, with customer notification in advance. In the event of an emergency security update, the risk will be assessed by DET staff and management, and then appropriate steps will be taken to implement the emergency security update after notifying the customer in advance.
Antivirus software virus definitions will be updated on all client workstations on a continual basis. Updates to the antivirus software client will be researched and tested by DET staff and implemented to all supported devices. Customers will be notified in advance.
Users should log all supported devices in to their assigned domain in a State office building at least once a week to obtain security updates and changes. They are required to log in to the domain a minimum of once a month to ensure the device is able to obtain all required updates and changes.
Devices currently under warranty will be supported under this service. Devices out of warranty status will be supported on a best-effort basis. Additional charges could apply for devices that are past their recommended life cycle.
- Service streamlines standard agency desktop support, enabling agency programs to focus on and be supported in their core work priorities.
- Agency IT staff aligns more closely with the division’s specific business needs and no longer performs standard desktop support duties.
- A large pool of resources—with a similar knowledge base and diverse skill sets, using consistent tools and procedures— is available to address service needs agency-wide, improving overall service levels.
- The enterprise approach to desktop support allows the Division of Enterprise Technology (DET) to deploy resources to any agency where necessary, increasing agility.
Charges are based on the number of devices in use by an agency. The cost per device is determined by the cost of support and licensing of the base software. Please see the DET Rate Sheet for complete rate information.
If a user indicates the need for a mobile computing workstation, consider making that laptop or tablet the user's primary workstation, eliminating the need for two supported devices.
How to Request
For more information please contact the Wisconsin Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) at 608-264-9383.