Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Service Offering Definition (SOD) Updated: January 19, 2018
Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Roles and Responsibilities (RnR) Updated: May 17, 2018
The Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) is 24x7x365, providing customers with a single point of contact for any agency or Division of Enterprise Technology (DET) service. ESD utilizes Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices to record, route, and manage the timely response to all incidents and service requests. In addition, they help citizens with account maintenance/password issues for mainframe public logon IDs and Web Access Management System (WAMS) IDs. The ESD also facilitates escalations and communications for the portal, enterprise, and agency events, all while monitoring for resolutions to meet agreed-upon service levels.
The Enterprise Service Desk facilitates the restoration of normal operational services to minimize business impact to the customer. ESD oversees the following functions:
1. Incident Management—ensuring that incidents are resolved quickly while communicating enterprise and agency events via email or publishing on the portal.
2. Change Management—overseeing the planning, analysis, documentation, communication, and reporting of changes in the DET environment.
3. Service Request Management—the receipt, routing, reporting, and escalations of agency-submitted service requests.
4. Problem Management—addressing assignment, receipt, and publishing of DET and agency-requested root cause analysis documentation, called Summary of Solutions (SOS)Go beyond the Introduction and provide additional information on what the service offering is.
- Central Point of Contact for ease and speed of service restorations
- Coordinated communications
- Monthly metric reporting
- Standardized escalations
Enterprise Service Desk services are based on numbers of incidents. The monthly costs fluctuate and are based on a per call fee. The invoice for the Enterprise Service Desk service is on the Enterprise Billing System. Please see the DET Rate Sheet for complete rate information.
Customers should work with the Enterprise Service Desk to analyze metrics and reduce call volumes.
HOW TO REQUEST
For more information please contact the Wisconsin Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) at 608-264-9383.