Cisco AnyConnect VPN
This document will provide an overview for using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client software with Windows 10. Cisco AnyConnect VPN replaces previous Cisco VPN client software versions, with new features that will provide additional functionality along with new Windows 10 pre-logon networking features.
The Cisco AnyConnect software is installed during the imaging process of all Windows 10 laptops.
To connect to the State network using AnyConnect VPN:
(for users connecting from remote offices, home offices, or non-State internet connections)
1) At the Windows logon screen, press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Prior to logging into the PC, you will connect to the State network using Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
2) In the lower right-hand corner, select the "Network Logon" button.
3) The laptop will start a network connection (to either a wired Ethernet cable connection or any wireless networks that have previously been configured to connect automatically on the laptop). You should see a message while a network connection is being established.
4) After a network connection is established successfully, you will now log into the Cisco AnyConnect VPN software. The AnyConnect login screen will appear.
Enter the VPN connection information, one of these entries:
Users that do not use a MFA/2-factor fob (most users):
Users that do use a MFA/2-factor fob:
5) Enter your username and password:
6) A security banner will appear. Click on Accept.
7) (May be required) - If there is a newer version of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client available, the update process will begin automatically. After the upgrade has completed, reboot the device to complete the installation.
8) After the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client successfully connects, you can now log onto Windows with your domain username/password.