The Cyber Response Teams (CRT) strive for a safer, stronger environment for users by responding to major incidents, analyzing threats, and exchanging critical cybersecurity information with trusted partners. It is a never ending battle with malicious actors but working with different teams and people, like you, only increases our chances of success.
Through a grant provided by the Department of Homeland Security, this program provides a 75% cost share to train teams specifically to support local units of government in Wisconsin.
The CRT will develop technical skills to assist with:
• Prevention: Pen Testing
• Protection: Tools Techniques and Procedures
• Mitigation: Backup Strategy/Systems
• Response: Bench Strength
• Recovery: Bringing systems back to normal
Currently, there are 3 CRTs:
- Team 1: Southeast and East Central
- Team 2: Northwest, Northeast, West Central
- Team 3: Southwest
- Collaborate on an ad hoc basis
- Participate in individual training
- Participate in CRT exercises
- Act as mentors for future team members