Careers in Information Technology for the State of Wisconsin
Do you want a career in Information Technology where you can really make
a difference? DET is a great place to work and is always looking for
creative technical individuals to help us reinvent the way government delivers
services! We offer amazing
benefits such as a casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, telework
options depending on the position’s requirements, ample vacation time,
excellent health benefits, and an exceptional employee assistance program that
offers a variety of programs and tools to help promote an employee’s wellness
Our competitive benefits package features:
- Substantial leave time including at least 3.5 weeks of vacation to start, 9 paid holidays and ample accrued sick time that rolls over each year.
- Accumulated Sick Leave which allows retirees to convert unused sick leave into credits to help pay for health insurance premiums.
- Disability Benefits to cover the possibility of becoming disabled while working for a WRS employer making you eligible to receive disability benefits that will give you income for the time you are unable to return to work.
- An Income Continuation Insurance that replaces a portion of your income if you are unable to work because of sickness or injury (both short and long term).
- Group Life Insurance providing life insurance coverage up to five times your annual earnings and covers death and dismemberment.
- Well Wisconsin Wellness Program with tools and resources to help set health and well-being goals, track progress, stay motivated, and earn incentives.
- A free and confidential employee assistance program that offers employees and their immediate family dependents a variety of tools, resources, and professional consultation services to support their health, goals, and overall well-being.
In addition to our generous employee benefits, we strive for inclusivity and celebrate different religious holidays and cultural observances and provide flexibility for utilizing paid time off for such celebrations.
If you have the desire to help people, it's important to know which jobs you should consider. DET jobs vary, but having the drive to make a positive difference for the people of Wisconsin is a common factor.
If you are interested in:
digital transformations and operations,
modernization and automation,
technical strategy and alignment,
value driven portfolio management,
service delivery and evolution,
hybrid cloud infrastructure services and operations,
user experience design,
data strategy and governance,
data analytics and visualizations,
change leadership, and
…then DET is the place for you!
To find a DET job:
You can log into save this search to receive email notifications when a new position for 'Information Tech and Technicians' is posted.
DET has exciting, paid internship opportunities for students interested in exploring different careers and gaining valuable job experience. Our 2023 internships are available below:
IS Enterprise Technical Services Professional
Will function as a technical analyst in cyber
security incident management for the enterprise ensuring incidents are properly
identified, analyzed, communicated, actioned/defended, investigated and
WAN Network Intern
Curriculum will offer experience
working with highly complex operations within the Enterprise IT infrastructure. Will shadow technicians to learn varied techniques, tips and tricks within each bureau. Highly recommend a year internship.
DET's program allows students to bring fresh, innovative perspectives to the job while advancing their career goals and skills. Starting in the fall each year, DET begins the hiring process for interns from technical colleges and universities. We offer a variety of summer internship opportunities for students who reside in Wisconsin, and in some instances have opportunities for internships throughout the school year. The length of each
internship is up to 1040 hours. Please send all resumes to DOADETPolicyOffice@wisconsin.gov.