Careers in Information Technology for the State of Wisconsin
Do you want a career in Information Technology where you can really make
a difference? DET is a great place to work and is always looking for
creative technical individuals to help us reinvent the way government delivers
services! We offer amazing
benefits such as a casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, telework
options depending on the position’s requirements, ample vacation time,
excellent health benefits, and an exceptional employee assistance program that
offers a variety of programs and tools to help promote an employee’s wellness
DET has the following position available:
The Bureau of Infrastructure Support is hiring an Assistant Director that will be responsible for defining IT infrastructure strategy, direction, architecture, standards, and the management of the teams that are responsible for implementing these goals. If you enjoy working in the IT field and ensuring customer satisfaction at a high impact and large scale, we encourage you to apply! Please share this opportunity with anyone that may be interested. This position will have the option of working remotely upon agreement of the supervisor but may be asked to come into the office periodically. This schedule may change based on operational needs and organizational requirements. This position works within a 24x7 Data Center and will need to have the ability to be On-Call when needed. Visit Wisc.Jobs Job ID 11636 for position description and details, salary, qualifications, and benefits package. Applicant materials are due by 11:59pm September 21, 2023.
To find a DET job:
You can log into save this search to receive email notifications when a new position for 'Information Tech and Technicians' is posted.
DET has exciting, paid internship opportunities for students interested in exploring different careers and gaining valuable job experience. We will be looking for interns for 2024.
DET's program allows students to bring fresh, innovative perspectives to the job while advancing their career goals and skills. Starting in the fall each year, DET begins the hiring process for interns from technical colleges and universities. We offer a variety of summer internship opportunities for students who reside in Wisconsin, and in some instances have opportunities for internships throughout the school year. The length of each internship is up to 1040 hours.
Mainframe Intern - The State of Wisconsin is looking for students who have a computer science background. They should know the basic concepts of computing, storage, and network. They must have an aptitude for technology and attention to details. They should have completed about 72 credit hours of course work by the beginning of the internship. The State is looking for interns who are excited to learn new technologies and willing to learn from some of the top mainframe technicians. $18.00/ hour.
Please send all resumes to DOADETPolicyOffice@wisconsin.gov.
Our competitive benefits package features:
- Substantial leave time including at least 3.5 weeks of vacation to start, 9 paid holidays and ample accrued sick time that rolls over each year.
- Accumulated Sick Leave which allows retirees to convert unused sick leave into credits to help pay for health insurance premiums.
- Disability Benefits to cover the possibility of becoming disabled while working for a WRS employer making you eligible to receive disability benefits that will give you income for the time you are unable to return to work.
- An Income Continuation Insurance that replaces a portion of your income if you are unable to work because of sickness or injury (both short and long term).
- Group Life Insurance providing life insurance coverage up to five times your annual earnings and covers death and dismemberment.
- Well Wisconsin Wellness Program with tools and resources to help set health and well-being goals, track progress, stay motivated, and earn incentives.
- A free and confidential employee assistance program that offers employees and their immediate family dependents a variety of tools, resources, and professional consultation services to support their health, goals, and overall well-being.
In addition to our generous employee benefits, we strive for inclusivity and celebrate different religious holidays and cultural observances and provide flexibility for utilizing paid time off for such celebrations.